In June 1989, Westminster Towers opened the doors for the very first residents. In honor of serving seniors for 29 years, celebrations took place the entire month of June this year by “travelling” to multiple destinations across the United States: Pennsylvania, Hawaii, Oklahoma, Kentucky, Nevada, California, North Carolina and South Carolina. Residents and staff had an amazing time.
Here are some of the highlights:
- South Carolina: Visited Landsford Canal and Gaston Farm Road Equestrian Center; “Down on the Farm” Petting Zoo on site; Peanuts, Coke, and Cornhole Social; All American Apple Pie Social; Red, White & Blue Parade
- North Carolina: Fun on the putting green
- Pennsylvania: Philadelphia Social & Americana Trivia
- Louisiana: Delicious foods from the Bayou! – Shrimp Gumbo, Crawfish Cakes, Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya, Oyster Po’ Boys & more!
- Oklahoma: Matinee Movie, “Oklahoma” with popcorn!
- Kentucky: Off to the Kentucky Races & Mint Julip Punch Social
- Nevada: Vegas Performance by George Dermott; “Let’s Roll” Vegas Dice Game and WT Vegas Review featuring WT employees – celebrity impersonations featured Sonny & Cher, Dolly & Kenny, Phyllis Diller, Celine Dion, Diana Ross & The Supremes, James Brown and Liza Minelli
- California: Balloon Volleyball; residents enjoyed the sand under their feet!
- Hawaii: Luau with special performance and dinner