Choosing between independent living and assisted living is a difficult decision. These two types of lifestyles for older adults are often confused with one another, so making a distinction is essential. There are a lot of things to consider in your choice so before you do that, let’s identify the key differences between assisted and independent living.
- Do you need help with preparing meals?
- Do you need assistance with taking medications?
- Are household chores difficult?
- Are you having difficulty with daily hygiene?
If you have answered yes to most of these questions then Assisted Living may be the best option for you.
Assisted living facilities can provide these services to help with the function of daily life.
- Are you tired of home maintenance?
- Are you bored with cooking?
- Do you feel isolated and lonely?
- Has driving become more difficult?
- Would you like more freedom to pursue hobbies and activities you enjoy?
Independent living offers plenty of amenities and adds the added aspect of socialization with people your own age. If you answered yes to the above questions Independent living may be a great option for you.It’s always helpful to keep the future in mind. We know that this isn’t easy, so the best you can do is to educate yourself and consider all alternatives. If you need some guidance, call us at Westminster Towers in Rock Hill. We have knowledgeable staff who are available to help you through this process and make the decision that’s right for you.